9.30.2008

I've been meaning to post...

I've been meaning to update everyone on my life, but I have been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance.

Ok, so I'll go back a few years and start from when I graduated TCU.  I graduated TCU in May 2005 with a degree in psychology.  My last semester there I decided I didn't want to go into research like I had planned so chose another route. I ended up going to grad school at UTA for a Master's in Public Accounting. I lasted a year before I got too sick of UTA and the program to stay. I ended up going back to TCU to get another degree in nutrition.

I am currently in the Coordinated Program in Dietetics, which means I am doing classes as well as a 1000 hour internship in 2 years. I started the program last year and now have less than a year left. I am currently doing my clinical rotation back at Weatherford Regional Medical Center (formally Campbell Hospital for all you Weatherfordites).  It takes up much of my time right now, but it is a good experience.

Since I graduated TCU I have moved a few times. After graduation I moved to Arlington.  I loved my apartment there and stayed 2 years until rent got keep going up and gas started going up even more.  Last summer I moved to Fort Worth.  I thought I had found a great town home,  but the complex went downhill while I was there and I no longer felt safe so I moved again this summer. I am currently loving my new place.  My patio looks out to the Trinity Trails and the Trinity River.  It is so much nicer than my old place.

Last summer ended on a rough note.  I was hit in the face with a line drive foul ball at a Fort Worth Cats game.  I ended up having to have 2 surgeries to repair my orbital floor.  So far everything is doing well right now, so hopefully I won't have anymore complications.

This year I started the summer by breaking my finger in Florida. Not only did I break it, but I had to have surgery to put the bone fragment with the tendon attached back in place.  I spent most of the summer in a sling. It's slowly getting better.

There is probably more I need to update on, but I must get back to studying.

1 comment:

Amanda Moore said...

Wow Nikelle it sounds like you are doing really well.